Here’s 6.5 Ways to Fix It
Someone joins your list and what do they see?
“You are subscribed. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking this link. Thank you.”
Wow! That really built some rapport, now didn’t it! I tell you, I am so fired up about being on another list that I could just… well… actually I’m not, and I think I will unsubscribe. Thank you.
If the above example is anything like your thank you page, then you’re blowing it.
Your thank you page is an excellent place to build rapport and get your new subscriber to become even more invested in your budding relationship.
With that in mind, here are 6.5 ideas of what you can do with your thank you page that won’t have new subscribers turning away in boredom, annoyance or revulsion:
1. Learn more about your new subscriber
They just gave you their email address and maybe their name – now ask something that will help you with your marketing and show that you are interested in them.
- What do they most want to learn about ___?
- What is their number one goal?
- What is the biggest challenge they face right now?
2. Get more shares and more subscribers
- Ask them to invite their friends through social media to get your incentive or lead magnet.
In return, you’ll reward them with something even better than the initial offer that made them sign up in the first place.
3. Build authority and credibility
- Demonstrate that they made a wise decision in joining your list by showing the previous reviews and testimonials from your biggest fans.
4. Sell the lead magnet – again
- Done correctly, your lead magnet is an excellent representation of your expertise. But it won’t do your new subscribers any good if they don’t consume it. So remind them of what they’re about to discover by using short, snappy bullets like this:
“Congrats on getting your copy of “Hidden Traffic Strategies.”
You can download it from the link below.
When you do, you’ll discover:
The toilet paper method to getting traffic on demand – page 6
The annoying email that doubles referrals – page 12
The surprising way to triple your traffic every week, like clockwork – page 15
5. Send them to your blog
- Or send them to your most popular video. Or…
The key here is to get them invested in you, so they can begin using what you teach to get real results in their life. When they do, they’ll be back for more.
6. Promote something
- Make them an offer they can’t refuse. This is an especially great time to offer that year old $197 course of yours for, “Just $11, One Time Only, Grab it Now.”
Build the value as though you are selling it for $197, and they will buy it.
When they do, you have something much more important than $11 – you have gotten them to become your customer, your buyer, and potentially a raving fan who promotes you on social media and buys everything you offer.
Or at least purchases a product now and then.
6.5. Add the secret sauce
- Regardless of which of the above six possibilities you use on your thank you page, I would encourage you to also show your personality.